- Rhizen Pharmaceuticals AG takes utmost care in safeguarding the privacy and protect data which is given by the person at the time of visiting the website; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- Information about the data controller
- The controller responsible for processing your data is the Rhizen company that collected your data. This is either:
Rhizen Pharmaceuticals AG,
Steinentorstr. 23, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Rhizen Pharmaceuticals Inc,
726 US Highway 202 Ste 320 # 396,
Bridgewater, NJ 08807-2737, USA
Rhizen Pharmaceuticals AG is also the controller responsible for the data processing on this website.
- Collecting personal information
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information: personal information that we obtain from you or that we collect from you when operating our website.
- General Information:
When you contact us via email we will also process and store the following information:
Name of the person (and further contact details provided by the person)
phone number (if provided).
- Using personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- Rhizen Pharmaceuticals AG may use your personal information to:
- Process a request, you have submitted, and send you information directly related to this request;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service, if available)
The legal basis for processing your data for the above purposes is contractual necessity.
- We may also use your data on the basis of our overriding interest in improving our services to ensure that our website runs smoothly, to keep our website secure and prevent fraud and to analyse user behaviour.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- We will also process your data if necessary for compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, for example in connection with a civil or criminal investigation or the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to Third Party Service Providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to service a request or contact with us, and to send you information).
Such Third Party Service Providers may include:
Providers to whom we outsource certain support services for our services (e.g. IT services and accounting);
Third parties whom we engage to perform our services (e.g. technology providers for the provision of a data room, translation agencies);
Our controllers, tax advisors and auditors;
Third parties who are involved in the organization or performance of events (e.g. conference room providers).
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our affiliate companies, our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties.
- International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in Switzerland: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, Singapore and India. We will make such a transfer only if it is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you or for the fulfilment of a contract concluded your interest as well as for the enforcement and defence of legal claims. If we transfer your information outside of Switzerland in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
- If you use our services while you are outside of Switzerland, your information may be transferred outside of Switzerland in order to provide you with our services.
- Retaining personal information
- This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- Security of personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport).
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for communication purposes, provided the legal requirements for such demands are met. You also have the right to request the rectification or completion of inaccurate and or incomplete personal data from us.
- We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior (separate) consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
- To the extent that your consent was required for processing of your data, you can withdraw that consent at any time. To do this, you simply need to send us an email letting us know. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out before the withdrawal.
- You have the right to instruct us to erase the information we hold about you. We will erase the information provided that there is legal ground for the deletion, for instance because the processed data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you withdraw your consent or object to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the processing, and we do not have a valid reason to object to the deletion.
- To exercise your right set out above, you may contact us by email to: email@example.com or in writing to: Rhizen Pharmaceuticals AG, Steinentorstr. 23, 4051 Basel, Switzerland. In all cases, please ensure that you provide us with appropriate proof of your identity as set out in Section 10.1 above.
- If you believe that we have processed your data unlawfully, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority at any time. The competent data protection authority in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
- Third-party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. However, blocking all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- We may use Google Analytics or similar services on our website. These are services provided by third parties, which may be located in any country worldwide (in the case of Google Analytics Google LLC is in the U.S., google.com) and which allow us to measure and evaluate the use of our website (on an anonymized basis). For this purpose, permanent cookies are used, which are set by the service provider. The service provider does not receive (and does not retain) any personal data from us, but the service provider may track your use of the website, combine this information with data from other websites you have visited and which are also tracked by the respective service provider and may use this information for its own purposes (e.g. to controlling of advertisements). If you have registered with the service provider, the service provider will also know your identity. In this case, the processing of your personal data by the service provider will be conducted in accordance with its data protection regulations. The service provider only provides us with data on the use of the respective website (but not any personal information of you).